The following are quotes by Shaikh Hammaad concerning the students of knowledge as well as advice for them:
• Knowledge without effort/endeavour does not come.
• It is binding upon the student of knowledge that he studies upon the people of specification in every field.
• It is obligatory upon the student of knowledge that he knows the biographies of the Salaf, as well as follows them, for this time of ours has been put to trial due to the lack of studying the biographies of the Salaf.
• Indeed the people today seek knowledge to acquire earnings; yet those that seek knowledge in truth are such few.
• The student of knowledge that does not carry a pen with him at all times does not benefit.
• I have noticed that most of the students of knowledge today do not seek consultation. (Meaning; they do not consult the Scholars in that which benefits them)
• Indeed the people of knowledge do not waste their time in that which does not benefit.
• How vast is that which has been written (authored), yet how little is that which has been read?
• Learn O youth before you become aged; for indeed at that time you will not be able to learn.
• He would advise the students of knowledge much with his saying:
I advise you with fearing Allaah The Most High in secret and in open, and aspiring upon knowledge, for indeed knowledge is a means of nobility for its companion, The Lord The Might and Majestic said:
Indeed those that truly fear Allaah from His servants are the Scholars. (Soorah Al-Faatir: 28)
- Shaykh Hammaad al-Ansaaree Majmoo’ fee tarjumah Hamaad Al-Ansaaree | Volume 2 | Translated by Aboo Haatim Muhammad Farooq | Retrieved from: fatwaislam.com